Applicant must be a young, regular or feeder member of the California Cattlemen’sAssociation. No exceptions. If you are not a member, contact the CCA office to join at (916) 444-0845.

  • Applicant must be a currently enrolled university or college student; undergraduate, master, school of law or veterinary student attending or enrolled in a junior college, four-year college, university or law school. Those currently holding upper division status or enrolled in post graduate programs will be automatically applied for LMRF Scholarships. No additional application or supplemental items are required.
  • Applicants must have graduated from a California high school or be an out-of-state student currently attending a California college in order to apply.
  • Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a four point scale.
  • Applicant must be studying a major consistent with career goals and should be planning a career associated with the beef cattle industry. This can include, but is not limited to, cattle production, genetics, nutrition, trade, law, agricultural communications, agricultural education, marketing, lending, policy, etc.
  • A typed 1,000-word or less statement outlining career goals and the purpose for applying must be included. Applicant should cite all activities that demonstrate leadership qualities and intellectual growth and breadth of interests.
  • Applicant must be available for a telephone or in-person interview held during CCA & CCW Convention & Trade Show Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, Reno, NV.
  • Applicants are encouraged to interview in person, but phone interviews will be available for those who cannot attend in person.
  • A letter of recommendation from a faculty member of the applicant’s current school and a letter of recommendation from one other person of the applicant’s choosing must be included. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
  • A copy of the applicant’s current transcripts must also be included indicating academic status and major (if enrolled in college). Transcripts need not be official. Unofficial transcripts obtained from the school’s student website or other student portals will be accepted.