Originally set for Wednesday, July 28, this virtual workshop was postponed.
The virtual workshop is now rescheduled for Tuesday, September 21 from 7:00-9:00AM. This event is free and open to all, but registration is required. Access information for the meeting will be emailed out after registering. If you need assistance registering or would like to do so over the phone contact Katie in the CCA office at (916) 444-0845.
Topics and Speakers
Speakers from the US Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region and Bureau of Land Management California State Office will present at this workshop.
- Leigh Sevy, Range Program Manager, US Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region
- Jim Junette, Acting Director, US Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region
- Jack Hamby; Range, Weeds, Emergency Stabilization, and Burned Area Rehabilitation Program Lead; Bureau of Land Management California State Office
- Genivieve Rasmussen, Associate Deputy State Director, Division of Resources; Bureau of Land Management California State Office
Topics to be discussed may include:
- Agency and permittee fire suppression activities
- Emergency response for grazing permittees: emergency contacts, access to livestock, and safety procedures
- Developing emergency escape plans and livestock evacuation plans in the event of wildfires on federal lands
- Understand federal agency regulations for the management of post-fire grazing activities on federal grazing allotments
This workshop is part of a series on Wildfire Preparedness: Assisting Ranchers with Wildfire Risk Minimization, Wildfire Response, and Post-Fire Recovery. To watch the previous three workshops click the links below:
November 13, 2020: Post-Fire Relief & Recovery Programs for Ranchers
May 26, 2021: Reducing Wildfire Risk & Preparing for the Threat of Wildfire
June 23, 2021: Emergency Response, Livestock Access & Evacuation + Safety Considerations for Wildfires
Contact the CCA office at (916) 444-0845 for more information or any questions.
This material is based upon work supported by USDA/NIFA under Award Number 2018-70027-28587.